Seventy percent less energy than comparable accommodations, without sacrificing comfort!
When we bought the house, our primary goal was to transform the deteriorated farmhouse into a sustainable and comfortable accommodation with minimal environmental impact. For this reason, we invest a lot of time and effort in the design and construction of several sustainable energy installations and the implementation of various “eco-practices”.
- a geothermal installation to cool and heat the house and the water.
- a wastewater treatment plant, which changes wastewater into the water to irrigate the olive trees;
- 45,4 KW of photovoltaic panels, providing 60% of all our electricity consumption;
- 40m2 of solar panels to heat the pool;
- LED lighting: 95% of the bulbs are LED;
- we planted over 120 trees to compensate for our CO2 emissions
- the windows are energy-efficient windows and offer better insulation and more efficiency. On the outside, they have an anti-solar laminate
- our washers, dryers, dishwashers, air conditioning, and televisions are of class A ++ or higher;
- all toilets have a double flush.
We adopted several “Eco-practices”:
- we collect the rainwater and the condensation of the air conditioning in our water reservoir;
- we separate all our waste;
- we only change the towels when our guests ask us to. We change the sheets every 4 days
- food leftovers we give to our chicken;
- we prefer to contract nearby suppliers and use local products. For example, honey from our neighbor, vegetables and fruits from local farmers, or our own garden;
- we do not have minibars in the rooms. You share a refrigerator in the communal kitchen;
- we do not use single-use plastic. The plastic bottles with shampoo, etc. in the bathroom are recycled and are washed and refilled after use
- we monitor our energy and water consumption
- we have a social policy for our employees
In November 2014, TripAdvisor rewarded us, after an exhaustive audit carried out by Canadian and North American technicians, with the “Eco leader” distinction. A great recognition as sustainable accommodation. In the province of Tarragona, only 5 hotels (!) were rewarded.
In November 2016, Endesa, the Spanish electricity company, granted us the A +++ energy efficiency classification.
In 2018, we received official recognition for being the best project in sustainability and hotel rehabilitation in Spain!
The house has an energy certificate class A.
We are proud to offer you a sustainable accommodation!