Seventy percent less energy than comparable accommodations, without sacrificing comfort!
When we bought the house, our primary goal was to transform the deteriorated farmhouse into a sustainable and comfortable accommodation with minimal environmental impact. For this reason, we invest a lot of time and effort in the design and construction of several sustainable energy installations and the implementation of various “eco-practices”.
- a geothermal installation to cool and heat the house. This is a geothermal heat pump that uses the earth as a storage medium to accumulate unwanted heat in summer and extract heat in winter. Geothermal energy is known as one of the most energy-effective heating/cooling systems available;
- a wastewater treatment plant, which changes wastewater into the water to irrigate the olive trees;
- 19.8 KW of photovoltaic panels, reducing our CO2 footprint with 20 tons of CO2 per year.
This 19.8 KW provides 60% of all our electricity consumption;
- 40m2 of solar panels to heat the pool;
- LED lighting: 90% of the bulbs are LED;
- we planted over 100 trees to compensate for our CO2 emissions
- all rooms have an A + led television,
- the windows are energy-efficient windows and offer better insulation and more efficiency;
- our washers, dryers, and dishwashers are of class A ++ or higher;
- all toilets have a double flush.
We adapted several “Eco-practices”:
- we collect the rainwater and the condensation of the air conditioning in our water reservoir;
- we separate our waste; In your room you find a basket for paper to help us to recycle;
- we only change the towels you leave for us on the floor of your bathroom;
- food leftovers we give to people who need it;
- we preferably use nearby suppliers and local products. For example honey from our neighbor, eggs from another neighbor, vegetables and fruits from the Cambrils cooperative or our own garden;
- we do not have minibars in the rooms. You share a refrigerator in the communal kitchen;
In November 2014, TripAdvisor rewarded us, after an exhaustive audit carried out by Canadian and North American technicians, with the “Eco leader” distinction. A great aknowledge as sustainable accommodation. In the province of Tarragona only 5 hotels (!) are rewarded.
In November 2016, Endesa granted us the A +++ energy efficiency classification.
And in 2018 we received official recognition for being the best project in sustainability and hotel rehabilitation in all of Spain!
We are proud to offer you a sustainable accommodation!